Wednesday, December 25, 2013

My Favorite Holiday Movie: Christmas Vacation



Merry Christmas everyone!! I had to make sure to come here and blog about my favorite holiday movie, which is Christmas Vacation.

What can I say about this movie? If you've never seen it, I don't know you and I'm not sure I want to be friends with you. Every thing about this movie is perfect! From the moment Clark gets stuck under the log truck you find yourself on a bumpy ride of laughter which only gets better. It's great from the very start, but only gets better when cousin Eddie joins.

I have to admit having problems writing this review because I shared an entire bottle of wine today and I'm feeling a bit sleepy. Mostly all that keeps running through my mind is, "Shitter's full!" Or: "Squirrel!"

It's funny because you think this movie is a bit crude and slap-schticky, but then suddenly you have Clark sitting in the attic watching home movies of his Christmas as a kid and it reminds you of your Christmas as a child and you get a little teary-eyed. That's when you know exactly what he's really trying to do. What we all try to do. Bring back that Christmas magic from your childhood. Whether it's with an Elf on a Shelf or with a Santa or a blonde glittery caterpillar.

We all know that exhaustion and relief Clark feels at the end when he says, "I did it."

Oh and I'm pretty sure one day me and my husband will be Aunt Bethany and Uncle Lewis with me breaking wind and wrapping up my cats. It's inevitable...

Merry Christmas from me and Goldie and all the employees on this blog (read: me). Thanks for sticking with me during this countdown! Until next time....

No comments: