Monday, September 2, 2013

Beans and Franks

Last night after I let Claudia, the preying mantis, guest blog for me, I had a dream we had a preying mantis infestation at my house. They were everywhere! There was so many we were stepping on them and there were little green body parts all over the place. I guess that will be the last time I left a big-ass bug blog for me.

After the insect dream (or nightmare), my day was pretty uneventful. I cursed television for only playing marathon's of shows instead of the normal Monday line-up. I watched Beverly Hills Pawn, which was pretty awesome. Much better than the 20 other pawn shows. Most of the items people brought in were movie memorabilia and jewelry. Someone actually brought in the letter Hogwarts sent to Harry Potter. For one crazy moment, I thought the lady meant the real one, but obviously it was a movie prop. I would love that! Plus, one of the Willy Wonka Golden Tickets. I always wanted one of those! I got a golden ticket!

When I wasn't cursing endless television marathon's, I was putting together a list of things I need to do to prepare for my interview. It's this Thursday I need to start thinking about it. In additon to asking my Facebook friends what I need to bring, I thought about my wardrobe and my shoes. Plus jewelry. I'm not sure what kind of bag I will carry yet. Maybe a plastic Target one. Ha.  

Wednesday night I will have to do a dress rehearsal. Make sure everything still fits and looks good. Maybe Scooter will be my interviewer.

Scooter: "I love you, Mama. Do you have food?"

Me: "No. Now keep to the script."

Scooter: "My balls itch." Starts scratching them.

Me: "This isn't working for me."

Scooter: "I like to lick my butt.

Me: "Lovely."

I'm not really nervous. Yet. I know this isn't my only chance. There will be other interviews eventually. I'm still applying for jobs after all. This might not be the dream job. But it's a great opportunity to learn interview skills. And who knows, maybe it is my dream job!

For dinner I made beans and franks. A dish that has been forever ruined by the movie Something about Mary. But mine was delicious! That sounds perverted. Damn you Ben Stiller!

That's about it. Holidays don't have a lot of meaning when you are unemployed. I am sad that all the schools are back in. It makes it feel like summer is almost over. I don't want summer to ever end! Every time it does, Danny goes back to treating me like crap around his friends and I'm reduced to bragging to my friends about it at lunch.

"Summer lovin' had me a blast..."

Until tomorrow...

No comments: