Saturday, August 31, 2013

Notes from the Womb

I was at Target today loitering in the baby section. Apparently seeing Abby yesterday gave me a case of the baby aches. It will pass. But in the meantime, I find this bear:



According to the box, it mimics the sound of a mother's womb. I'm intrigued and have to check it out. I press the button and hold the bear up to my ear. I hear the ocean.  Just like when you put a seashell up to your ear. Huh. So that's what my womb sounds like!

I read the description again and realize it also says nature sounds in addition to the womb sounds. Ahh... I guess that's what I heard. I hope. I never do hear what my womb sounds like since I had already spent way to much time with this bear... Taking a picture and all. Plus, if I stay in that section too long I might somehow get pregnant just from all the pheromones in the air. Hey, it can happen!

I also went to library today. There was no chance of me getting pregnant there. I don't think... I return my books since they are due right after Labor Day and I actually pick a few despite having gone to the used bookstore the other day. But I had reason! I wanted a book on how to write mystery books. I think I can figure out most of it on my own, but it doesn't hurt to do some research as well!

That's about it for today. I finish B is for Burglar by Sue Grafton, which was awesome! I love going back to the 80's again. No internet, no cell phones... People eat and smoke and they drink like it's nobody's business! Ahh... I do miss those days. The "good" ol' days.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: