Monday, August 19, 2013

Just Browsing

Another day, another...well, not a dollar. Being unemployed means no dollars! It was another cloudy morning so I had an excuse to stay inside again. I had to finish reading Catering to Nobody by Diane Mott Davidson so I can take it back to the library tomorrow. Yes, that's my big plan for tomorrow. I will look for jobs in the morning, go to the library and maybe go grocery shopping. I really dread the grocery shopping, but if you are a woman who isn't working, then that's what you did. You buy food for your men while the they work with tools and wood. Hahaha! I couldn't even type that with a straight face. But I still might do the grocery shopping. Just because I like eating.

Anyway... Today was nice because I got to talk to a coworker I haven't talked to in awhile. I was texting Katie today and I mentioned that even though my days are relaxing in some ways, they are also lonely. I'm an introvert, but even I have limit to how much alone time I need. Scooter isn't the best conversationalist. He usually just stares at me like I'm some sort of god. It's creepy. I mean, I know I'm awesome, but I don't need people to worship me...much. A little bit is nice. But after awhile I need a rest.

I got on my treadmill for 45 minutes today. I honestly wanted to stay there longer. I love the exercise. I love listening to my music and dancing a little. I get a lot of thinking done too. I priced walking belts and I think I can find a relatively cheap replacement. The first one I found was about three times the price we paid for the whole treadmill at the thrift store! There was no way I can do that. But I found one on Amazon I might buy. But the one I have now is still hanging in there. It didn't seem to fray anymore.

Last night I had a dream I got my brows waxed. Which is really strange. I'm blonde. You can't even see my brows. I woke up thinking I really needed to get my brows done. Once the haze of my brow dream slowly drifted away, I was like, "WTF?" I have the strangest dreams. Even though I'm glad it finally stopped snowing in my dreams, I wonder what the significance of brow shaping is. 

Well, that's it for today. I'm still watching pre-season football and the Redskins are kicking ass! I hope they have a good season this year.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: