Sunday, August 4, 2013

A Balancing Act

This morning I went out to let Scooter out and feed the cats when I noticed the dead baby mole on my porch. Well played, kitties. Well played. Basically they were saying that they could hunt for better food than the generic cat food. Cats are way too smart. Or they were saying I'd be getting what the dead mole got next.

After I had my first cup of coffee, I finished The Cat Sitter's Pajama's. It a pretty good book. I was intrigued by the backstory of Dixie, the main character, and wouldn't mind getting some more books by this author. The only problem I had was some parts of the mystery. The clues would be right in front of her and I wanted to yell at her, "LOOK IN THE CAT'S CAGE!" But I'm pretty sure she couldn't hear me. Being fictional and all.

I was happy this morning knowing I was going to finally get out of the house. Just to the Reno House, but it was better than hanging around my house all day. After troubleshooting a few issues with Go Daddy, filing Unemployment and working on my Facebook page, I shut my laptop down and didn't plan on opening it up until I was back home again.

Of course using your smartphone to access the internet doesn't count. Right? Yes, right.

When we got there, there was a board crossing over from the living room to the back room where the bathroom is. Scooter was intrigued by this! And a little nervous...



Then he got the hang of it...



Then he started posing:



He even started laying down on it:



I think he could've been a circus performer in another life. He ran back and forth on that board like he had wings. He has an excellent sense of balance. We even got him to climb up a ladder.

Just when I started thinking about how smart he was, he started randomly rolling in the gravel. Err... What?



He rolled and rolled for no apparent reason. Maybe he had a bad itch? I have no clue.

One time we were sitting in the gravel room and took a goofy picture of each other.



Yes, I really do need a hobby. Or a job. Probably a job.

I liked being at the reno house. It gave me a chance to sit on the porch and just chill. We don't have a porch at my house. Unless you count the cat porch, which I don't. There's no room for a chair and it's filled with cats and mosquitoes. And the dead things that the cats bring back to me.  

I was hanging with Scooter and looking at my phone (not a computer, so it doesn't count) and I guess he got impatient and chewed his leash. Again! I swear his little razor teeth do it in like three seconds. If I ever get tied up to a chair or a bed...er, never mind, but if I do get tied up, he would be the one that could rescue me!

Luckily, we were able to tie it back, but I think the only thing that will hold him is chains. And he might be able to chew through chains too! He chews up the cat food cans!

After we got back tonight, I made some pork chops. I used Shake-n-bake. Who can resist Shake-n-bake? Plus, it was on Talladega Nights! Anyway, you dip the pork chops in barbeque sauce and then in the Shake-n-Bake mix. You bake it for 20 minutes and voila! It was pretty good. No pictures tonight because I skipped lunch and was really hungry! I hovered over those chops like someone was going to come in and steal them! Like the cats. They come in and steal Scooter's food all the time. I guess that's another signal that I neeed to do a better job on the food. For stray cats, they sure are high maintenance! I can't imagine an actual housecat!

Now I'm watching Grease 2 and reading The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag, by Alan Bradley. This is the second book in the Flavia de Luce series. It's about this 11 year old that solves mysteries. I read the first one awhile ago and forgot how much I enjoyed it. Hopefully I won't be yelling at this one!

Until tomorrow...

No comments: