Friday, June 6, 2008

Thank you!

For all the kind words! They have helped me through this very rough day.

I'm at my mom's now and they say he's doing better. They did three angioplasties (I'm going to look up that word soon and see how to spell it). And they are even talking about him being home by Sunday.

For the time being they have him in ICU and he's being monitored.

I got home at 5:00 and woke up at 7:45 to get my son. I kept him home from school since this was a family emergency. Oh, and then my husband got sick this morning-a stomach bug. So it's just me and my son here.

I'm hoping to get to see him soon. He's having a procedure done (removing something from the angioplasties) and once it's done, we'll drive over.

Right now I'm just touched by all my friends and coworkers who have shown me so much support.

Thank you from me and my family! I believe your prayers and thoughts have helped.

4 comments:

Sweet NJ Mom said...

Melly,

I'm so glad to hear that your dad is doing well and I've been thinking of you today. I briefly considered posting on Adwoff, but didn't want to overstep.

Hope your dad continues to improve and hope your husband feels better, too. (My dad has something similar.)

Take care,
Robyn

Melanie Anderson said...

Aww... Thanks Robyn. It would've been fine, but I appreciate you thinking about that. I probably would've posted on ADWOFF myself, but it was hard enough to post on her and Myspace in my frame of mind.

Oh, and my husband says he's feeling a lot better now, which is a relief as well. I hated leaving him alone sick like that. I hope your dad feels better too.

Shiela Stewart said...

You know I'm always here for you, Mel.

I've been through this numerous times with my father, so I know what you're going through.

Take care.

Jeannie said...

Glad to year your dad is doing better. Please keep us posted and call if you need anything.

Love ya!