Saturday, June 14, 2008

A picture

I feel like I should say something in my blog, but I'm not sure what. I still don't know if I have the right words yet. But I did manage to scan in a picture of my dad. I left most of my pictures at my mother's house for the memory boards, but I did find this one.



This was from one of our first apartments. This is a classic pose of his--on the floor with a dog. (My husband's grandma's dog, who is also not with us). We called him "Food man" since all the dogs followed him around like the Pied Piper. He loved dogs and he loved to feed them, just like he fed all of us.

You can also see his Buck knife, which he always wore on his belt. Anytime you wanted something opened, he would whip it out. Sadly, I could never close it, so I'd have to hand it back to him after I was done still opened.

He also drank a lot of Diet Coke. In fact, my mother had to stop on the way to the hospital to buy him some last weekend. Has it only been a week? It feels like a lifetime.

I'm doing okay. Still taking it minute by minute. I'm hoping to at least get some interviews up this week, if not my normal features, since the interviews are already done.

I have an interview with a fellow ADWOFFer, Robyn, which I really want to get up before her wedding...even if she's too busy to see it.

My dad was one who always saw the positive in everything in life, and I know he would want me to do the same.

So that's what I'm going to try to do. Even if it still hurts so much.

1 comment:

Sweet NJ Mom said...

Melly,

As I said before, if you don't get the interview up before my wedding, that's fine. You take care of YOU.

And I promise to give my loved ones even bigger hugs on my wedding day.

Love,
Robyn