Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Schedule Changes

By now you know that I won't be posting any interviews or any of my normal features this week. I need this week to mourn. But I'm hoping to be back to normal as soon as I can. I know my dad wouldn't want me to stop my life because of him.

I remember when we visited him in the hospital last weekend and my mom was talking about them shocking his heart back early Friday morning, she mentioned she knew he would be okay when she heard the doctors and nurse laughing. My dad just smiled and said, "Always come back with a joke."

That's where I get my sense of humor and for that alone, I need this time for me. Maybe soon I'll be able to laugh again as well. That's all I want. To come back with a joke.

Tomorrow is the memorial. It's not a funeral, but a memorial. Then after that there will be a reception. My mom knew my dad would want a celebration and not a funeral. I know he's smiling down at us now with that smile that would crinkle up his whole face. And he would approve.

Please, take this time to hug the ones you love and laugh...a lot. That's all we really have in this life.

Until later...
Melly

2 comments:

Sweet NJ Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Wow, Melly. I had no idea. I'm so sorry and I'm sending healing energy your way. ;o)