Sunday, February 2, 2014

Muscat Love

Back around Christmas, my friends put a bottle of wine in my Christmas Care package. I opened it up on Christmas day and it was really good. Since then I've looked everywhere--even on the website listed on the bottle and haven't found anymore bottles of the wine. I haven't totally given up, but it's time to move on. I was telling Katie about it and she said I should try a different Moscato every week or month and blog about it.

That's why I've decided to do a Moscato experiment! For science of course.

According to Urban Dictionary:

Moscato is a sweet slightly sparkling wine made from muscat grapes made popular by rappers such as kanye west. (sic)

See! I'm as cool as Kanye West! I always knew I was!

Since I'm unemployed, my first experiment is with a cheap wine that I heard good things about. From Kanye and Kim of course.

It's Barefoot Wine's, Moscato.



It's also 10% off at the grocery store so score! Since I still don't have any wine glasses, I buy some super fancy cups at the store as well.



That's right! I do things right! Just like Kanye! "ULTRA" Designer cups!

I have my wine. I have my pizza. Now it's time to drink! I open up a Word document and go to work. Last night was also the night for me to do my Melly's Saturday Night Story Snark on Facebook, so that's what I'm talking about when I say snarking. (If you want to join the group, click on this link and ask to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/357546877655252/)

So here it is. My scientific results of the Moscato experiment:

****


Experiment: Barefoot Moscato


8:00. I pour the wine into my fancy plastic cup. Half a bottle of wine fills up the cup. Awesome! Redneck style is good. The wine is a bit bubbly and sweet, but is too warm. I should've refrigerated it more.




I decide to put it back in the refrigerator when Smoke tells me to put it in the freezer instead.


Me: "The bottle or the glass?"


Him: "Both."


I go to put it in and it's hard to find a place amongst the Lean Cuisine's and Hot Pockets, but I manage. Score!


8:21: I take out the cup. It's a bit chilled and ready for drinking. I have to get my snarking on and it's time to kick it up a notch. A sign of a good wine is when you say things like, kick it up a notch.


8:35: Took the bottle out and poured some more. The colder it gets, the better it gets, but there's still a little aftertaste to it. Maybe I need a palate cleanser like a cake. Good thing I bought a Creme-filled Angel Cake!




Oh yes. Much better! I'm supposed to be on my Facebook snark page but the internet hates me. Why??


The Big Bang Theory is funny on a regular day, but when you are buzzing, it's enough to make you pee your pants.


8:42: Texting Katie is a lot harder when you are starting to buzz.


8:46: Just took a couple selfie's while waiting for my internet to decide what it's going to do.




8:56: I finally got some snarking in but the buzz is quickly wearing off. Must drink faster! Just like all the fancy wine tasters do.


9:00: Still snarking but keep getting distracted by Jimmy Fallon's special. Already seen it but I can't get enough of Jimmy. that man is FINE.


10:29: I've almost drank all of the wine and I'm getting sleepy. I'm still snarking on the Facebook page, but I'm not sure if anybody is still out in Facebook land. I'm still yawning a bit.


I do have to say that this wine isn't quite as sweet as the other Villa Alena. And not as fizzy. But it's good!


11:02. I'm so sleepy but I don't want to go to sleep already. I want to keep snarking. I don't want to waste this wine buzz! I'm going to drink some more wine and find my second wind! Once in awhile I want trade my sleepiness with someone who has insomnia.


11:28: All I want to do is sleep, but I keep denying myself. Why?


Ok. My overall opinion is that it's sweet and smooth, but still has a bit of a bite. It wasn't as effervesant as the last wine I had, but I wouldn't say no to more.


I can't wait to try my next!


****

Overall I'd say that the wine was good, but not as good as the one before. On a Buzz scale, I'd give it 7 out of 10. I am happy to say that I didn't drink the entire bottle, but I came close!

Onto my next wine. If anyone knows a good Moscato, please recommend it! I'll put it on the list.

Until next time... Kick it up a notch!

No comments: