Thursday, August 22, 2013

You Say It's Your Birthday...



My son turned 19 today. It's pretty hard to believe. Especially because I was 19 when I found out I was pregnant with him. It's like life has come full circle. It's scary. Thank God he hasn't followed in my slightly slutty footsteps.

I woke up late this morning because I was up late last night watching The Bridge on FX. I like that show! It's like a grittier version of Bones. Except they are all in law enforcement. But the one agent dude is super sexy. Especially when he speaks in Spanish. The show is pretty raw though. It was rated MA. There was a lot of back nudity and mature themes. Plus violence. I liked it though. I would like to watch more!

The only problem was that my dreams were filled with death. I hate how what I watch before I go to bed enters my dreams. And never the good parts. There was absolutely no frontal or backal nudity in my dreams. Just death.

When I saw JJ this afternoon, I gave him a few presents I picked up at Walmart. I bought him the first book of The Mortal Instruments. People have been recommending them a lot and since I have so many books to read on my pile, I thought I would see if he wanted to start them first. If he likes them, then I'll read them too. We haven't had any books in common since Harry Potter. I tried reading Games of Thrones but have only made it through the first book.



Smoke picked up pizza from Domino's. That's what JJ requested for his birthday dinner. After dinner, we sang happy birthday, but Smoke forgot the words and we had to start over. It was just us two and we couldn't sing in harmony. Pretty sad. And how can you forget the birthday song? After the alphabet song, isn't that the first song you learn? We are old folks now.

Around five o'clock, my cell phone rang. I noticed it was an out of state call and didn't answer. University of Phoenix is constantly calling me. When they leave a message, I didn't think anything of it, but listened to it anyway before deleting it. To my surprise, it was a job calling me! Not only that, but the only job I applied for so far this week! I guess the man was calling me from an out of state office for a job out here. He said he was leaving for the day but to call him tomorrow and that he was on central time. He wanted to talk about my skills. I guess I'll have to make up some! What about fingering? Oh wait, that was a different job.

I got a follow up call! The first one!

Overall, it's been a pretty good day. JJ seems happy on his birthday and I finally feel like someone is actually reading my application's! My family will never take our musical act on the road, but that's ok, because I have other skills. Right? I still need to work on that...

Until tomorrow!

No comments: