Monday, April 6, 2009

Lions, tigers and dancing queens, oh my!

As I sit here with the song, "Dancing Queen," running through my head for no apparent reason-well, except for the fact that I apparently like to torture myself, I thought I should blog a little. Not a lot. Just a little. Baby steps.

What have I been up to? Well, not a lot. I'd like to say that I've been writing, but well, no, I haven't. I had a really good writing jag back in January and thought it was the real thing, but it wasn't. I've mostly been working. And working. Oh and watching TV shows! Not new TV shows (other than my Grey's, of course), but older TV shows on DVD.

My latest obsession has been Gilmore Girls. A couple of my coworkers got me hooked and I haven't looked back since. I started with Season 7 (yes, I'm backwards) and then watched Season 1. Now I'm watching Season 2. I love this show. I do! I would marry this show if I could!

I've actually been watching a lot of movies too. We've been working on our place at my mother's house and since we don't have satellite hooked up in there yet, we can only watch DVD's. I watched Twilight last weekend. It was good. I'd read the book, so nothing was a surprise. I did think Edward looked constipated through the whole movie, but I guess that's the look they were going for. And the drama meter was a little high. But still a faithful adaptation of the book. Maybe I just need to be a teen again. Oh God no. I take that back!! Please don't make me switch places with my son or something! I couldn't take it!

Oh and on a serious note, there's so much going on in the news right now, that I'd be remiss in not mentioning it on this blog. I saw a headline on my Google page and it caught my eye, so I had to talk about it.

Here is the headline:

Gisele's Wedding Dress Details Revealed

Yes. Finally. A hard hitting subject! I'm so glad this subject is getting the kind of coverage it deserves. I mean, how did people expect me to sleep tonight without knowing ALL the details.

*sigh* Well, that's it for tonight. I'm sure I had real stuff to talk about, but again, baby steps.

I've missed this blog.

1 comment:

Anne D said...

Yay! A Melly Post!!