Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fashion Challenged


glitter-graphics.com

I went shopping yesterday. It was some retail therapy to cheer me up since I still can't find anything I need. It's awful when you have no access to your "stuff".

I bought a few new outfits for work since a few pieces are still missing and because what I do have is getting a little ragged. Does anyone else still get excited about wearing new clothes? It was like when I was in school and I couldn't wait for everyone to see my new outfit. I wake up all excited to take my shower and put on my new clothes. It's not like these clothes are really very exciting. Just some slacks and tops. But they are new!

My son also picked out some new clothes for himself. On the way to the store, I told him he needed clothes and he whined and cried about how he had enough clothes. But when I got done in the woman's section, I found him in the men's section (men's!) with a cart full of clothes-including jeans, t-shirts and sweatshirts. He even bought a hat! And he doesn't usually wear hats. It cost me an arm and a leg, but I'm happy to see him interested in his own clothes. I used to just pick out things for him and it was always hit or miss whether he'd like them or not. It was a PITA.

He seemed to be a little more upbeat about getting ready to go to school this morning too. He was dressed in all new clothes and was out to the bus stop early! Although, as I was watching him get on the bus, he did lose his shoe. He was stepping on the bus and oops! Shoe fell off. I gave a little sympathy groan for him, but I'm sure he played it off. *grin* He is my son! "Shoe fell off? I meant for that to happen. Yeah...that's how I roll."

Now it's time for me to get ready for work. In my new clothes!!!

P.S: I still need to work on interviews. So again, if you're waiting for one, please be patient with me! My routine is all out of wack so it'll take me a little while to adjust.

No comments: