Friday, August 29, 2008

Heeeeeere's Mothie!

Wednesday night, we had a visitor at our house. It was a moth. But not just any moth, we are talking an alien moth! Actually, we looked it up and it's a Luna moth. Whatever it's called, this sucker was HUGE.

Here are the pictures:

Hi, my name is Mothie. I think this is a good spot to stay.


No, I don't need a quarter, thank you very much.


Why does this lady have a wreath with a Voodoo doll in it? I don't think I want to know. Maybe she should invest in some Windex instead.


Ooo, now strange blonde lady is getting brave and coming outside to look at me.


Maybe I should fly into her hair and freak her out. Or maybe not... She looks pretty soft. Psssst. Hey you in there. Do you have any clothes I can chew on? How about a small puppy?


Let me tell you...if that thing would've taken flight while I was outside, my screams would've been heard miles and miles away.

For those in the US who are going out of town, Happy Labor Day!

4 comments:

Duckie said...

Yes.. this is why I don't go outside unless I have to. Ever.

There are things like that flying around.

Robyn said...

I'm glad I'm not alone in my taking photos of moths! Want to see mine?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/romantykrobyn/Adwoff%20Pics/IMG_2581_2.jpg

I think it was of a size as yours. And my dog Silk licked it. LOL!!!

I love cake said...

Ewww Robyn! lol I guess the moth tasted like chicken. ;o)

Yeah, outside bad. Very bad. There's all kinds of critters out there! Although with our mouse visitor, we have the same problem inside too!

Anne Douglas said...

THAT is one huge ass moth!

I think I'd like the moth better than the freaking huge cockroach things you get here in Florida