Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bittersweet Thoughts

This will be just a quick blog post since I'll be leaving to go to the memorial service in a little while.

My friend Shiela and I were talking the other day and she mentioned how at one point, she was thinking about using the name S.S. Stewart as her pen name. I told her that it sounded like a name of a ship. Me, being me, of course, started coming up with all kinds of catchphrases for her new name. If you know me, once I have something to tease you with, can go on for hours, so she told me to write them all down and she'd blog about it. Well, she did and you can read it on her blog (For those at work, she does have music on her blog, so turn the volume down): Romance with Shiela Stewart

I really need to get ready now, but I've been feeling a bit crampy (I know... TMI!) and I've been feeling really sluggish. Plus, I'm dreading what I know is going to be a really hard day for all of us. But it's family. You do what you have to do for family. Which is rally around and support one another.

I stole this picture from my husband's cousin's Myspace page, but I think it really does him justice. Kevin always tried to look like a tough guy, but inside he was really a softie. I'll never forgot how when he was a groomsmen for my husband, he was so proud to be one, he took out his tongue ring and most of his piercings. lol That's love for you. He was just such a great guy. And funny. He always had me laughing. I can still remember when I met my husband, and how he was still just a kid, roughhousing with my BIL and the other kids that would come over during my in-laws poker nights. It's just so freaking unfair...

Kevin, buddy, we miss you. Say hi to my dad for me...

No comments: