Monday, July 7, 2008

Stand Guard

Since I didn't have pictures for Friday, I figured I'd do a Picture of the Day for Monday.

One of my father's coworkers was the photographer at his memorial, and when I was at my mom's yesterday, I got the pictures. It seemed kind of weird to have a photographer at a funeral, but when he asked if it would be OK, nobody had any objections. I mean, if the guy wanted to take pictures...why not? I decided I wanted to share this one picture I really liked. Here is my son standing near the collage my dad's coworkers made. J is wearing my dad's Beatles tie. Isn't he handsome?



My mom thought it looked like he was guarding the picture. Maybe he was. He is my dad's only grandson. He's the keeper of his legacy now.

Oh, and the reason his tie is undone is because when my dad's boss was talking at the memorial, he mentioned how my father always wore a tie but it was never actually tied. So in tribute to his memory, he asked all the men to undo their ties. So they did.

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July weekend!

3 comments:

Shiela Stewart said...

He is definitely handsome! And he does look like he's gaurding the collage. :)

Lovely picture and definitely a keeper. :)

Anonymous said...

I am really hansome arent I

Anonymous said...

HE IS GOOD LOOKING MUST RUN IN THE FAMILY. LOVE NANU