Thursday, July 10, 2008

Just stuff...


The above is a picture of me and my brother. I'm the one without a beard.

It's been a little over a month since my father's death, and I'm still hanging in there. I still think of him on a constant basis, of course. He's never far from my mind.

They tell you that one of the things that helps is to write down your feelings. So the other day I wrote out everything that happened that awful Sunday. It was just one stream of consciousness post--no editing at all. I didn't post it. I probably won't post it. But just getting it out of my system helped with the shock and trauma that were still haunting me all the time.

Now I'm mostly focused on the future and being there for my mom and getting through every day-every holiday, every moment, without my father.

I'm also at the end of a Grey's Anatomy marathon. For those that have known me for awhile, know I can get pretty obsessive with that. I'm in the middle of season three and hoping I can finish before I go the booksigning this weekend.

What booksigning? you might ask. Well, Nora Robert's of course. The big July signing at her husband's bookstore, TTP, is this weekend, and I never miss that. In the past I'd be leaving today, but this year I wanted to save my leave for my trip to Maine in September, so I'm going up there Friday after work.

It will be cool to hang out with my friends again. I do miss them. I'm also looking forward to reading Tribute, since it's set in my neck of woods, and, well, because, I just enjoy reading Nora's books. Duh!

So that's about it. We're all hanging in there. My husband, my son, me-even my dog is hanging in there. She's having a good week. I'm glad. I was really worried last week that the end was near, but she pulled through. She's a very strong dog, with such a happy spirit.

Now I should get ready for work. Ugh. I envy my son. I wish I could still get a summer vacation!! Dammit.

Being a grownup sucks...

No comments: