Sunday, June 8, 2008

He's Home!!

dog
see more dog pictures

My dad is HOME!!! :D And he's moving around just like he used to. Oh, he's taking it easy, but he's right back on his feet. Just to hear the sound of his voice is music to my ears. It's something I'll never take for granted again.

It's been such rough weekend and I'm so ready to go back to my own house. There was no doubt I had to be with my mother while she was alone, but it still takes its toll on you. Not being in your own house... Missing your own bed. Having your parents dogs barking at you to go outside and then staring you down when you don't get up right away. *g*

But we'll be leaving soon. My husband drove over here since he hadn't seen my dad yet, so I'm letting them spend some time together too.

There's also a part of me that wishes I could stay here so that I never let my dad out of my sight. But that's the little girl in me. I know I'll see him next weekend for Father's Day. I mentioned it somewhere else, but that day is definitely going to have new meaning this year!

Anyway, I'm going to get back to my blog schedule this week. I have writer Melody Knight and an interview with my fellow ADWOFFer Robyn. That will be fun!

I know I've said it a hundred times now, but thank you. Thank you so much.

No comments: