Saturday, May 24, 2008

Not Another Bad Date

I've finished a second book. This time it was Rachel Gibson's, Not Another Bad Date. What can I say about Rachel's books? I've enjoyed all of them, some more than others. The one thing that always impresses me most is the way she does the male POV better than a lot of romance writer's. Sometimes too well. They can come across as jerks until the very last minute when they redeem themselves.

This book is the final book in her series about four writer friends. Adele Harris has been cursed (literally) with a series of bad dates over the years. It seems like she can never catch a break. Until she runs into Zack Zemaitis again. (It's a "Z" thing).

There was also a subplot about "life after death" in the form of Zack's late wife. It reminded me a bit of Wishes by Jude Deveraux. (Back when she didn't write crappy books). Wishes is one of my favorite books of all time so I enjoyed that part a lot. It added some humor to the book.

I enjoyed this book. It's a good beach book. I'm not sure if I'll read it again, but it definitely made time fly by. And as always, her love scenes were hot!

The one complaint I have about Rachel Gibson's books is the way she always seems to rush the endings. But overall, I've enjoyed all her books and will continue to read them as soon as they hit the shelves.

But if you want to read a really good Gibson book try See Jane Score.

Oops, and I just realized this book wasn't supposed to come out until this Tuesday. I had no idea since I've been really bad when it comes to keeping track of release dates. Bad Borders!!!

I guess I should've looked for the new Julia Quinn one too. ;)

No comments: