Wednesday, April 23, 2008
My first Interview! Shiela Stewart
I decided to bring a new feature to my blog. Interviews! Who doesn't enjoy a good interview, right?
My first victim-uh, interviewee was my critique partner and best writing buddy, Shiela Stewart. Her books are awesome! She has three books out right now that are part of her Passion series. I've read them all, and LOVED them.
Anyway, I asked her if she'd do an interview with me and she was very excited. Until she read the questions. Then she called me strange. Weird, huh?
So without further ado, the below is my interview with Shiela Stewart. The uncut version.
1. On a scale of 1-10, how awesome do you think I am? Be honest. You can go higher than 10 if you like.
10 1/2 I would have given you 11 but you didn’t share any cake with me a few weeks back.
2. Is Vic still mine?
He’s still yours I have to warn you, Julia just bought this really kick ass meat cleaver for her restaurant and she’s not afraid to use it to defend what’s hers.
3. I guess I should ask about you. What do you think of my writing?
I like your writing but you’re not fast enough. ;)
4. Time for the hard hitting questions… What did you have for breakfast?
Toast and coffee with a dollop of tasty lips.
5. I heard you live in Canada. Any igloos?
Oh sure, they’re everywhere. I live in one myself though it’s tough in the summer. I have to have the air-conditioning cranked on high to keep it from melting. LOL
6. If you had a choice between having lunch with me or Nora Roberts, who would you pick? (Not that I have to ask…we all know what your decision would be. Right? I’ll have cake!)
You of course, because I’ll be having dinner with Nora. LOL
7. Do you think bribing someone with cake so that they pick you over Nora Roberts is wrong?
Absolutely. Especially when there really is NO cake. Give it up woman. LOL
8. Okay, I guess I should get back on track. I heard you’ve written like a hundred books. Is that true?
Yes I have, and I‘m working on the one hundredth and one now. It’s called, “Strangling Mel in the Fast Lane” LOL
9. Can you slow down your writing so I can catch up?
Only if I end up having a lobotomy. LOL
10. Okay, this is your turn to add whatever you want. Promote, etc… I’ll be over here napping-err-paying close attention.
Stop snoring so loud so I can talk about myself.
What’s to say that hasn’t already been said…wait, nothings been said here so I have free reign.
I have five books out right now, in both ebook and in print. Kidnapped, Secrets of the Dead, Discovery in Passion, Escape in Passion and Mercy in Passion. And coming this July, the first book in my Darkness series, Seducing the Darkness will be released. There are a total of five books in the series.
I have a contest right now for all those that sign up for my newsletter. You’re name will be entered in a draw to win a free signed copy of Discovery in Passion. To sign up, send me an email at: Shielas@shaw.ca with the subject line “ Newsletter sign up” And your name will be entered.
To find out more about me and my books, go to www.shielasbook.ca.
Thank you Mel for this wonderful and bizarre…I can’t call it an interview because there really was no interview to be had so I’ll call it a conversation. Always a joy to chat with you. Now get busy writing.
I want to thank Shiela for being such a good sport! And please keep an eye out for her vampire series. I've read and loved all three of them and that's saying something for someone who doesn't like paranormal!
Also, don't forget to look at yesterday's post where you can win a $20 gift certificate from Amazon.com!
Tomorrow: Melly's Thoughts.