Monday, April 28, 2008

I Need a Vacation!




Today I'm taking you back in time. Do you remember when you left Aunt Edna on top of your car then punched a moose in the nose? Or how about that Christmas when you had to dig up your tree with your own hands? Or that unfortunate Mile High Club incident?

Yes, you know what I'm talking about. The Vacation movies.

Ahh...just writing that makes me smile. Oh, Clark Griswold, you bumbling fool. How do you make me fall for you time and time again?

Today, I was bored-err-writing, when I started flipping through the free movies Comcast offers. Then I found it. Vegas Vacation.

So instead of reviewing the movies I got this weekend, I think I'll rate the Vacation movies-in order.

4. European Vacation.

Ehh. That one never really did it for me. Sure, it has its funny moments. The really nice British guy they keep hitting with their car. Oh and it also has one of my favorite quotes of all time: "Hey look kids, there's Big Ben, and there's Parliament."

I think it was the kids that did it for me. They just weren't funny. I feel bad saying this since I know the actress who played the daughter passed away, but she did NOT look like their daughter. She didn't even look like a teenager!? I don't expect realism in a Vacation movie--after all, "Rusty" changes ages on a constant basis, but don't make it so bad that I can't think of anything else!

Lastly, the whole stereotype of Europe made me wince instead of laugh. 2 out of 5


3. Vacation.
You'd think the original Vacation would be in the number one slot, but no, it's not. Maybe it was before my time, I don't know. But it's just not my favorite. Although it does have one of the best roller coaster sequences of all times. My friend Robin and I used to watch it every year before we went to Kings Dominion. To get us prepared. lol

Oh, but I did love Aunt Edna. She was the best part.

One last note... I was nine years old when this came out, and still pretty young when I finally watched it. That scene with the dog really upset me, and always left a bad impression in my mind. Another reason this isn't my favorite. 3.5 out of five


2. Vegas Vacation.

Now we're talking! There isn't a moment of Vegas vacation I don't like. From the moment Clark comes driving erratically down his road, running into everything, they've got me. Even the kids are easier to deal with.

Oh and two words: Wayne Newton. Seriously. lol The way he went after Ellen still cracks me up.

I don't know if it's because it's more modern than the last two or what, but it's definitely one of my favorite movies. 5 out of 5


1. Christmas Vacation.

Yes, it's not officially Christmas until I watch this movie. It's a classic. It rates up there with The Christmas Story. I'm dead serious!

Not only that, but the soundtrack is awesome! And there are so many good quotes froom that movie I wouldn't even know where to start. 5 out of 5


Well, that's it. Thanks for going on Vacation with me! :o)

"Holiday road, oooooooh oooh ooooh. Holiday roooooadddd."

No comments: