Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Apple Doesn’t Fall Far from the Tree

I'm sitting here when my son comes downstairs. "Guess what, Mom? As soon as my head hit the pillow, I got the biggest burst of inspiration. I grabbed my notepad and have already wrote a couple pages in my story."

Dude. Share some with me! Because I don't think sitting in front of the TV watching Season 3 episodes of The Office on my DVR is really going to do it...

Oh, and speaking of my DVR... I found Blind Date!!! If you've never watched it, it's this show hosted by Roger Lodge, where they match people up and send them on dates. (Hence, the title Blind Date). But the magic of the show is the subtitles they sprinkle all through the show. Freaking hysterical! I used to watch it all the time until I couldn't find it anymore. Until last night... I was watching a rerun of Hell's Kitchen on Reality Channel when the commercial for Blind Date came on. I was sooo excited until they mentioned it was on at like 2 in the afternoon. WTF??

That's when I remembered my lovely little box...my magical DVR that helps me by recording all the really bad reality shows I must see.

Anyway...what was I talking about? Oh yes, my son. He's got the writing bug! I'm so proud of him. :o) Maybe we can do a book together. Or he can give me some plot ideas...because I'm a little blocked right now. And no, I'm not talking about the kind that requires fiber. Okay, I'm going to wrap this up. Michael and Dwight are about to steal the copier... Now why can't I have ideas like this??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...that is great about him wanting to write!!

And DVR...gotta love it. ;o)

thethinker said...

I'm jealous. I really want a DVR.