Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Checking In

I'm checking in tonight with 1,089 words. Not my best, but considering the late start I had tonight, it's not bad.

My hero is taking me into a totally different direction than I was expecting him to. I'm excited about that because I love to see my characters come to life for me. It's easy to write down their stats-age, hair color, height, but giving them a personality is something that just comes from the writing.

He is a departure for me since he's more a beta male than a alpha one. Most of my heroes to date have been alpha all the way. But I think he's going to have hidden depths that readers are going to really appreciate.

That might also come as a surprise to some since most race car drivers are pretty alpha, but that's because he's not a race car driver. The heroine in this book is the only one with a racing connection.

Who is she? Well, you met her in Born to Run and that's all I'm going to say.

Now it's time to go to bed. I bought some new Dunkin' Donuts coffee tonight and I can't wait to wake up in the morning and try it! Buying different kinds of coffee is what keeps me going some times. Whatever it takes, huh?

No comments: