Thursday, August 7, 2014

Just Add Salt

Last night my husband and I had a discussion about letting our dog Scooter out in the morning. Now that I leave for work at five, he usually goes out around 4 to 4:15. It's dark at that time! And we live in the country.

Me: When I let Scooter out and feed the cats, I leave the front door open in case of emergency.

Him: Wait. You are saying that while I'm in the house sleeping you leave the front door wide open? So one morning I'm going to wake up with a bear hovering over me??

Me: No, the cats are there, so it can't be dangerous. I'm pretty sure they smell bear.

Him: So one morning I'm going to wake up with a bear hovering over me eating a cat??

Me: Don't be ridiculous. I don't think the bear will walk all the way into our bedroom to eat a cat. It would probably eat it in the living room where its close to the kitchen. In case it needs salt.

Him: I'm glad to know these things happen while I'm sleeping.

Me: What can I say? It's a bear-eat-cat world out there.

No comments: