Monday, February 17, 2014

In a Boat Without a Paddle

Today I pulled out my black suit jacket and rolled it with my lint brush so I don't have another unfortunate incident in the parking lot tomorrow. As much as I'm going to miss Scooter when I got back to work, I don't want to bring pieces of him with me on my jacket! You know.. Dog fur. I had to clarify because that sounded kind of gross.

As I was rolling the jacket, I slowed down and got nostalgic. I can remember buying this Suit not long after I got laid off. I was so optimistic! So sure that it was going to get me hired fast! I remember my first interview for a job I didn't get.

I also remember getting it dry cleaned and then waiting. And waiting. It felt like forever! Then I finally used it for the job agencies. Still nothing. And then without an interview, or the suit, I finally get a (temporary) job!

But I will be taking him with me tomorrow. (Yes, my suit is a him. I don't know why. It just popped into my head... Let's go with it.)
 
I'm so nervous. It doesn't help that we are supposed to get a couple inches of snow tonight (really?!?) and I don't do well in snow. But it's supposed to stop early and I don't have to be there until 10, so I'm hoping the timing works out.

I have a list of things I need to do. And my friend Susie gave me some good advice that I added to the list: Just breathe. I have to remember to do that!

I will be ok. There are so many worse things I could be doing. I could be on a boat in the middle of the ocean like Robert Redford in All is Lost. (My new motto. Think of Robert Redford in a boat). That Slooh asteroid could be coming directly at us instead of missing us by a couple million miles or so.

So that's it. I could be Robert Redford. Or be hit by an asteroid. I do know how to put things in perspective!

Wish me luck...

No comments: