Sunday, September 8, 2013

Right on Target

This morning I wake up alone. Smoke had gone golfing early this morning. He even got JJ to go with him. That's good. It's good to get JJ out of the house and up at a decent hour. Even if it is for..golf.

When they get back up, we go up to Target for a few things. I had a bunch of recipes from Pinterest and from Katie's recipe box she made me, so I needed groceries. Smoke wanted me to take JJ around and see if he needed any clothes. But Smoke also wanted Scooter to go with us. The problem with that is that it was 90 degrees and he couldn't stay in the hot car. So they watched him in shifts. First JJ went in with me and picked up some things and then went out and relieved Smoke who came in to get what he needed.

Our dog is very spoiled.

When I was walking through the men's section, JJ had a hard time finding clothes. He's always been hard to dress. He went through a stage in high school when he could only wear skinny jeans and expensive t-shirts from the mall, so I guess I can't complain.

He said, "I don't like pants. But I don't like shorts either."

Me: "That could be a problem."

Him: "I could wear a kilt."

That would be ok. If we were in Scotland. But hey, whatever floats his boat. I do persuade him to get a pair of shorts marked down to like $5.00. Some t-shirts. And a random sweater. See what I mean?

I get my groceries while he's with me, because Smoke complains about my shopping methods. "You go down every aisle!" he says. Uh...yeah. Because there is usually something in every aisle I need. D'oh. I mean, if I went in for one thing and did that, I would understand. But he complains when we go normal grocery shopping. This is why we always forget something when we go together. I do skip the wine and soda aisle (and then remember I needed Sprite and beer for recipe. I rest my case...)

When I'm down to just a couple things, I have JJ relieve Smoke.

I find these awesome gummy bears:


They have flavors like pear, peach, raspberry... They are yummy! Because I needed more gummy bears to be addicted to!

Smoke buys this:



That's right, Starburst Candy corn. Why didn't he just buy Starburst? I don't get it. I hate candy corn. Of course I've been sitting here trying to figure out where he stashed him so I can try one. When I took them to take this picture earlier, he was like, "What are you doing with those?"

Me: "Just taking a picture of them so I can make fun of them in my blog."

So yeah, I can't really ask for some now! What if I like them? I'll never heard the end of it.

After the Target trip, we run by DQ for chili dogs and sundaes (yum!) and go back home.

This afternoon I mostly read and play on Facebook, snarking Fifty Shades. In book news, I contemplated starting a re-read of Harry Potter, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to go to Hogwarts yet. It is September though. I did start JK Rowlings book, The Casual Vacancy, because it has to go back to the library this week. JJ said it was really good.

I also bought The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon because a few reviewers are comparing her to JK Rowlings. Maybe because this is her first book? Anyway, it's got me curious, I will try it.

It was a pretty good day. And this week I got cooking projects to do! So excited!

Now I'm just trying to figure out why my husband falls asleep every night a football game comes on late and leaves me sitting here watching it. Wuss.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: