Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Lazy Days of Summer

I asked my husband what I should blog about tonight and he said, "What about how you watched me do all the dishes and clean the kitchen?"

I told him I'm pretty sure nobody wants to hear about that. But he does have a point. I have found it way too easy to be lazy. Even though I've kept to my shower rule, it isn't always easy.

Today I applied for a job but our internet is spotty so I spent the rest of the time watching TV. When I found myself watching QVC (the Vera Bradley collection), I realized I might have a problem. Another one. In addition to the gummy crack bears.

I actually had this conversation with Smoke:

Smoke: "Scooter needs water."

Me: "He has water."

Smoke: "There's a bug in it."

Me: "He likes it that way. It's like bobbing for apples, but with bugs."

He just gave me the look. "Yeah, ok, I'll change it."

Tomorrow it will be different. I will get more exercise or get out more. Or I will watch more television. Wait, no. Television is bad. Maybe I'll apply for two jobs this time. I really need to get back to work...

In the meantime, I'm going to figure out a new book idea. If I'm going to be lazy, I should be writing! Maybe if I watch Ellen, she'll give me an idea. Yes, that's it. Television as research! I like it!
 
Now I need to go. I'm watching Everybody Loves Raymond. Plenty of ideas there!

No comments: