Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Just the Sexiest Man Alive


What would life be like if you had to choose between Brad Pitt and Patrick Dempsey? This is what reading Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James is like. I read this book over a 24 hour period this weekend. I couldn't put it down! It's been way too long since I found a really good contemporary book without any paranormal aspects to it.

Here's a quick synopsis:

Nothing fazes Taylor Donovan-not in the courtroom and not in her personal life. So when she's assigned to coach People's "Sexiest Man Alive" for his role in the next big legal drama, she refuses to fall for the Hollywood heartthrob's charms. Even if he is the Jason Andrews.

The only problem some people might have is that there were no love scenes in it. In fact, the couple don't come together in that way until the very end and even then it's not that explicit. But honestly, I'm one of those people who doesn't notice unless the book really needs them and this one didn't. In fact, I didn't even notice they were missing until the heroine mentions something to the hero about it.

The tension between the couple was great. Taylor really resists Jason even though she can't help but be overwhelmed a bit about having People's Sexiest Man Alive pursuing her. And the writer describes Jason so well that you can't help but feel a shiver every time his eyes meet Taylor's.

I laughed so many times in this book that my husband thought I was crazy...err...more crazy.

If you're looking for a nice quick PG-13 book, pick this one up! You won't be disappointed.

No comments: