Monday, April 21, 2008

Got Cox?


Monday Quickie Reviews

I watched three movies this weekend, which doesn't happen very often. Why watch the television when there are so many computer games to be played? But I've gotten a bit burned out on computer games, so movies it was.

The first movie I watched was Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Movie. What can I say about this one? For one thing I didn't read the part where it says "Graphic nudity," so I was very surprised to see the 'full monty' so to speak. This was especially bad since I was watching with my son. At the first naked boob sighting, I sent him out of the room, so he missed the wanker. But they did manage to sneak it in towards the end. Oops!

What did I think of this movie? Well, it was funny, but in a WTF? kind of way. I know it was mocking the movie Walk the Line and the whole rock star life and it succeeded with that. But it was soooo long! At one point I walked in the kitchen to do the dishes. If something can bore me to the point of doing dishes, that's NOT good. I'm kind of wondering if it's a Talladega Nights kind of movie. Something that needs to be watched more than once to get the full effect. Well, since it's going back to Netflix tomorrow, I'll never know. For now, I say 3 out of 5.

The second movie I watched was Juno. What can I say about Juno that hasn't already been said? It's a funny bittersweet movie that touches on a serious subject. And as someone who had a baby pretty young, it did hit home a bit. I liked it. It made me laugh, it made me think and it made me cry a bit. I would give it 4 out of 5.

And the third movie I saw was Ratatoulle. I love Pixar movies. They are amazing! Visually stunning. This movie was also about cooking, which is one of my favorite kind of shows/movies to watch. But it's not something I feel the need to watch again. Don't get me wrong--it was a very sweet movie, but maybe it's better for kids. And the thought of a rat making my food? Ewww...lol 3.5 out of 5. Maybe a 4 if I watch it again. I still think Finding Nemo is my favorite.

That's all for Quickie Reviews today! Tomorrow: Song of the Day

No comments: